Tuesday, April 14, 2009

They Call it "Dueling Banjos" for a Reason, People!

Before the Internet, I'd have had to learn about this stuff on the streets.

But now people can email me and I can search YouTube for... well, almost anything.

And so in some kind of harmonic convergence of weirdness celebrating misguided musical adventurousness, two separate people emailed me about versions of "Dueling Banjos" that feature the tuba.

I guess it has been a rough winter and everyone's gone a little stir crazy... so here we go:

Even I know that it's not cool to be barefoot in church wearing pants cut off at the knees, but tell that to the people in this Violin and Tuba version:


Flute and Tuba version:


And, as if that weren't scary enough, here's a version on pre-programmed Organ and Tuba:


This all makes me nostalgic for the days when Tubas were seen and not heard!

No comments: