Monday, April 19, 2010

Icelandic, Non-Volcanic

Angry Elves?

A banking scandal threatens to bring down the entire economy.

The people, overextended and too used too easy credit, bought lots of stuff they didn't need. Bankers invented exotic new "instruments," invested poorly, and hoped against hope the house of cards wouldn't fall.

When it did, the government stepped in, at great cost.

Yup, I'm talking about Iceland... where reportedly half the residents believe in elves.

But the elves must have been pissed... and they must have wanted people to pay attention to Iceland. How else to explain the volcano that's grounded most of European air traffic?

I've wracked my brain and come up with the only sure way to calm the elves and get the volcano back under control: the new fun all-in-one-shot video from Hafdis Huld.



I defy you to watch this and not smile... even if you are an angry elf who lost his elf-shirt in the Icesave debacle.

3 comments:

Holly A Hughes said...

You're right, that video is thoroughly charming. Pretty winsome little tune as well!

I like your theory about the elves. They are very powerful beings, you know. I believe Bjork is half elf.

Barely Awake In Frog Pajamas said...

I thought that I read somewhere that, before new roads are built in Iceland, great care is taken to ensure that no damage is done to areas that might be home to elves, sprites, and such.

I think Iceland is actually a cartoon and, perhaps, the greatest place on earth.

Alex said...

Holly, at least half!

Barely Awake, yup... that's apparently true. I'm not sure about the cartoon part, but Iceland may very well be the greatest place on earth!