Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Reasons to Love Northern Climates

A lot of my friends in L.A. ask me why I love the northernmost areas of the world. Wouldn't I rather be on a warm beach? Or feeling the hot Santa Ana winds blow through the palm trees?

Nope.

And here's a few reasons why:

Photo by Anchorage Daily News reader Iwao Hiraga of Chena Hot Springs Road on 09/16/10.


Photo by Anchorage Daily News reader me-Lilianne from Bliss Street in Anchorage on 11/14/2009.

Finally -- Reykjavik, Iceland, a city where they have no formal New Year's Eve fireworks. A city where people buy and set off glorious fireworks displays to welcome the New Year -- and manage to do it year after year without injuring themselves (h/t to the Iceland Weather Report).



Happy 2011 to everyone. I hope the year brings you hope, health, and happiness.

And music. Lots of great music.

1 comment: