Monday, July 4, 2011

A Great Big Problem Stop Me In My Tracks

I Can't Stand Up and I Can't Sit Down

"You know the problem."

I know of the problem.

"That's not the same. But I know you know."

I don't know about that.

"You're talking in circles. Sometimes I think you like talking in circles."

No.

"No you're not talking in circles? Or no you don't like it?"

No.

"That doesn't answer my question."

No. No it doesn't.



"You circle around the point without getting there."

Maybe that's the only way to get there.

"Another riddle. I'm tired of riddles."

And I'm just tired. Because the whole point isn't the answer to the riddles or the answer to the questions, but the space between the riddles. The space between that defines what we can't define in the circles. Or the riddles. Or the words.

"I almost understand that."

Yeah. Me too.



Happy Independence Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know OF the Comsat Angels... :)