Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sallright

Don't Need a Watch To Waste Your Time

This is the beauty of the internet.

Just when you think you've seen everything -- or at least you've seen everything from 35-plus years ago, you stumble across something old/new.

So here's a video (which I'd never seen before today) that animates some John Lennon drawings (yes, including the copulating rabbits) to his 1974 single "Whatever Gets You Through the Night" (with the fantastic saxophone work of the great Bobby Keys):



By the way, is it just me or does the theme from Saturday Night Live want to be this song (or at least the sax parts of this song) when it grows up?


And speaking of "official" videos I'd never seen before today, here's one for "Slippin' and Sliding" from the Rock 'n' Roll album, which came out in 1975:

1 comment:

Dave said...

Thanks for sharing these. I miss Lennon more than I can say...