Thursday, June 15, 2017

This is Everything

I love Jane Siberry's music.

I listened to her first five albums over and over again. Saw her live a half dozen times in the 80s and early 90s.

And then I tried to get into her later stuff.

It was fine, but just never grabbed me.

Maybe she'd just moved on, following her muse to a place that was a little less my cup of tea.

I'd given up on the thought of her issuing new music that would thrill me as much as her old stuff.

And that was fine. She was doing what she wanted and I'm all in favor of that.

I didn't even know about this new album. And I certainly didn't have any expectations about it.

But... then... out of the blue.

Unexpectedly.

Out of nowhere.

This.

This fucking song.

That would have sounded perfect on The Walking.

And suddenly, in under four minutes, I remember everything I love about Jane Siberry's music.

Because.

This.

Is.

Everything.

No comments: