Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Been Around the World and Found That Only Stupid People Are Breeding

I Wanna Publish Zines and Rage Against Machines

There was a period of about three years in the 1990s when nearly every big studio movie released in the U.S. included this tasty little song by Harvey Danger.



Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta

Sadly, the band is gone now. They broke up, reformed, and broke up again.

But the song lives on -- and if you've ever had a day job where your boss is so stupid and incompetent that they wouldn't recognize good work if it fell on them like a piano from 5 floors up, it deserves another listen.

2 comments:

David said...

One of my favorite songs from the 90s. The other Harvey Danger song I play even more frequently is "Meetings with Remarkable Men" where he hangs with Jesus and Kip Winger. I miss this band!

Holly A Hughes said...

A tasty track indeed. Sure, it's familiar, though the 1990s were in many ways a black hole for me as far as music was concerned. I couldn't have told you who sang it -- that may have been part of the problem.