Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You Can't Fit Denali Into Your Hand

Serendipity

Last spring, after I'd returned from Alaska filming things for my Iditarod doc MUSH, I was pouring over all the footage trying to figure out how to put everything together.

I knew what I wanted, but I wasn't sure it would all come together.

So I went to see Brandon Schott who was playing in Hollywood to celebrate the release of his "God Only Knows" single. There were a bunch of other people who got up and performed, including Matt Hopper.

Hopper's music is almost a lot of things without ever quite fitting neatly into any one hole. It's almost indie rock and almost Americana. It's definitely almost folk, but it's also definitely not folk.

We talked afterwards and I learned he was originally from Alaska and I told him about the Iditarod project and he told me he had a new album coming out with a song on it called "Denali" that might be perfect for my movie.

And it was.

So here it is:



Serendipity.

1 comment:

Holly A Hughes said...

Sweet little number indeed -- you can almost hear the snow in it.

I am so looking forward to seeing this movie of yours...