Monday, February 21, 2011

Or It's Real But It Ain't Exactly There

The heart has got to open in a fundamental way

There's something really important happening. And if you're not paying attention, you'll miss it. And if you're relying on people on TV to tell you, you're not going to get the real story.



And while I'm waiting for Americans to wake up, here's an actual conversation I had a while back.

"This is a great street," said my friend Jeff, who'd just moved into a new house. "The neighborhood is amazing and our neighbors are so cool."

"Yeah," I said, "it looks great."

"Like my next door neighbor is this amazing singer/songwriter. I don't know if you've ever heard of him: Leonard Cohen."

"You mean Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Famer Leonard Cohen?"

"Yeah, that's him. Really great guy. We're having him over for dinner."

At which point, if memory serves, my head exploded.

No comments: