Saturday, February 27, 2010

Another Sign of the Impending Apocalypse?

If I hadn't actually seen this in a store, I'd assume it was a joke.

Okay, I get it that Americans have taken lazy to a whole new level with the Snuggie. Not only do you not have to get off the couch, you don't even have to expend the effort needed to take your hands out from under the blanket.

What I don't understand is this (sadly) real product:


I guess some people won't be happy until their dogs are as lazy as they are...

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Laugh.

I saw these last year. They had a snuggie party in Chicago that brought out the sillies, but I don't know anyone who actually uses one.

They were big for about five minutes. They are ridiculous and weird.

connie said...

Alex, luv, I'm wounded. The slanket (the original snuggly) is one of the WORLD'S BEST INVENTIONS. Besides warmth, it's great for tormenting puppies - the one I use. I'd never buy them their own - what would I do for entertainment?

Alex said...

Okay, Connie, you get the special WV exemption on this. But don't tell the other states or they'll want something too.

And that's how a bill becomes a law...

Holly A Hughes said...

I smell an anti-snuggie conspiracy here. My dog has been lobbying for his own snuggie for months. Whenever he sits on the human snuggie, the cat shoots laser beams out of his green eyes and drive the poor pup away.

Alex said...

Holly, if you've got a cat that shoots laser beams out of his eyes then not having the right snuggie is the least of your worries! :)