Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Searching for Some Kind of Elusive Truth

I Guess No One Can Imagine A Future Anymore

The moon-faced girl with the imaginary friends glided through the hotel lobby.

She was on her way somewhere, imagining her life. I caught her eye for a second.

And that was all it took. She had it all planned.

The who, what, where, and when.

But it didn't lead anywhere. It wasn't any fun. It wouldn't help her. Or anyone.

And later, when I met her through a friend and we went to the see the fireworks on the Fourth of July, she couldn't remember the hotel. Or the plans she made. Or the places she wanted to go.

But I knew.

And that knowledge wasn't something that came lightly. Or something I could forget about easily.

And that made all the difference.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Loved this song before I knew she was a dominatrix.

Still love it now, but it has shades of a different meaning somehow!